Because different documents and contexts demand different editorial approaches, we offer three types of editing service.
- Comprehensive plain English editing is an in-depth revision of your document's structure, expression and layout.
- Plain English style editing focuses on clear, straightforward and engaging expression, without changing how your document is ordered or laid out.
- Proofreading is a final check that picks up small errors and inconsistencies before you publish.
If you're not sure what type of editing you need, ask for a recommendation as part of a quote. And if you'd prefer to work on your document in-house but want advice on how to improve it, we also offer a plain English review service.
What's plain to one person can be incomprehensible to another. Because of this – and because editing can be a sensitive process – we start every project with a thorough discussion of:
- your strategic context and aims
- the document, its readers and how it will be read and used
- how you'd like us to communicate and collaborate throughout the edit.
Our editing clients have included:
- Financial Ombudsman Service
- Council on the Ageing Australia
- Council on the Ageing Victoria
- Australian Multicultural Community Services
- Consumer Policy Research Centre.